Travel Resources during a Pandemic
May 2021 Global Covid-19 and Travel Industry update:
As experts in our field, we’ve decided to distance ourselves from the chaos, take a step back, and concentrate on those things within our control and reach. Travel is and always will be high in demand, especially our business travellers. Million-dollar deals aren’t signed over Zoom calls, and oil rigs don’t fix themselves. As for our holiday-maker clients, we feel your pain, we all need a break from our daily routines and realities, but unfortunately, this will have to wait a little longer.
Many countries are making progress with the roll-out of vaccinations. Still, unfortunately, others are struggling due to poor planning, funding, political interference and are again struck by a second and third wave of the Covid-19 Pandemic. It’s an endless battle, but up to us to evolve and adapt.
The World and especially how we travel will change forever; these are the facts. Article after article tells us a different story and instils fear about humanity’s future. However, the only real solution is the safe and effective roll-out of vaccinations globally. It is up to us to work together, adhere to the rules, and stick to a plan no matter how daunting it may seem.
After extensive research, we have sourced various platforms that will educate, involve and inspire our communities, fellow South Africans, residents, and colleagues within and beyond our Industry. Please note that the information provided isn’t the holy grail for future travel or vaccination programs, but rather an accurate guide on the Global situation.
Here is a brief plan and estimate of how vaccines will be rolled out within South Africa in the coming months:
IATA Travel Pass
The IATA Travel Pass is a mobile application under development that allows travellers to store and manage COVID-19 tests or vaccines securely.
The information through the IATA Travel Pass can be shared with border authorities requiring testing or proof of vaccination as a condition of international travel during and after the COVID-19 pandemic. A critical aspect is a fact that the information supplied is verified. It is a secure means to manage health requirements, much more efficient than paper processes.
With this app, IATA also aims to provide governments with the confidence to reopen borders without imposing quarantines on incoming travellers. How will it work?
Global Covid-19 Vaccination Tracker
IATA Travel Pass
The below countries are currently high in demand, and many of our corporates obtain visas, providing they meet the entry requirements and test negative for Covid-19. Therefore, don’t hesitate to contact us should you require visa assistance:
- Algeria: Business visas and work visas are allowed at present.
- Angola: Cape Town and Pretoria Consulates are issuing visas.
- Democratic Republic of Congo: Visas for holiday and business is allowed. Only 3- and 6-months visas are allowed.
- Brazil: Consulate is open for work visas. Admission and transit restrictions.
- Cyprus: The Consulate is open and is processing business visas.
- Denmark: Assisting with long-stay visas. No tourist applications accepted, Authorization to be obtained for business apps at Embassy.
- Dubai (UAE): accepting new applications.
- Egypt: Open for all applications.
- Equatorial Guinea: Accepting business visas only.
- Estonia: Assisting with long-stay visas. No tourist apps accepted; authorization to be obtained for business apps at Embassy.
- Ethiopia: Open for all applications.
- France: is open for extended stay and seaman visas. Admission and transit restrictions
- Ghana: The High Commission is accepting visa applications for business and tourism. No additional documents are required, and urgent visas can be processed.
- Guinea: The Embassy is accepting business and tourism visa applications. No additional applications
- Ivory Coast: The Embassy is accepting business and tourism visa applications. A negative COVID test will be required on submission.
- Kenya: High Commission is accepting visa applications. No additional requirements
- Liberia: Embassy accepts visa applications. No additional requirements
- Libya: Embassy accepts visa applications. No additional requirements
- Mozambique: Consulate is open for applications. Visas will only be issued once Authorization from Immigration in Mozambique approves the application. Delays are eminent due to political unrest.
- Namibia: Our Lodgment Centre is accepting work visa applications. No additional requirements
- Netherlands: Assisting with long-stay visas and seaman’s visas. No tourist apps accepted; authorization to be obtained for in-person business apps at Embassy.
- Nigeria: The Embassy is accepting all types of visa applications. No additional requirements.
- Senegal: The Embassy is open and accepting applications. No additional requirements
- Sierra Leone: The Embassy is open and accepting applications. No additional requirements.”
- Spain: Consulate accepts seaman’s applications only.
- Tanzania: Visas can be obtained on arrival or through any of our offices.
- Tunisia: Embassy open for visa applications. No additional requirements
- Uganda: Embassy open for visa applications. A negative COVID test will be required on submission.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT – upfront payment of Visas Zone invoices
Friendly reminder that all invoices are to be settled upfront:
- Accounts are no longer available.
- All payments can be made via our Pay Zone (Pay Gate) option or via EFT. Cash or cheques cannot be accepted.
- Retainer options are also available – please send requests for this option to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note: Multiple invoices may be sent for additional surcharges due to urgency.
The information contained in this notification and the IATA dashboard is provided and sourced to benefit Visas Zone clients by the third-party supplier, IATA. While the information is correct to the best of IATA’s knowledge at the time of publication, given the rapidly evolving nature of the international response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Visas Zone cannot guarantee its accuracy and can accept no liability for any errors or omissions. Visas Zone expresses no opinion on third parties’ websites’ content and does not accept any responsibility for third-party information. It will be in your best interest to conduct independent inquiries with the host company and final destination or your local travel agent before relying on any information or materials contained on this platform. Visas Zone Advisory/ Consultancy fees apply for any additional information requested on behalf of travellers.
These countries are currently high in demand, and many of our corporates obtain visas, providing they meet the entry requirements and test negative for Covid-19.
March 2021 Update: The FAQ’s and their answers to help guide the public during the quest for answers on travel during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Countries and territories with no self-isolation required when entering
(Subject to change without prior notice)
Notice Newsletter Subscription
If you would like to receive news about VISA updates, please sign up to our mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time.