FAQ’S – Visa/Travel Regulations & Resources
Updated: 13 October 2020
As from 1 October 2020, South Africa gradually re-opened its borders for International Travel. This is encouraging news to the Tourism Sector. Therefore, we are systematically offering various service to our clients and the public.
The South African Government published a list of restricted countries travelling to and from South Africa which isn’t of much use to our business travellers.
Here is a list of countries our clients may travel to conduct business:
- Algeria: Business visas and work visas allowed at present.
- Angola: Cape Town and Pretoria Consulates are issuing visas.
- DRC: Visas for holiday and business is allowed. Only 3 and 6 months visas are allowed.
- Egypt: Open for all applications.
- Equatorial Guinea: Accepting business visas only.
- Ethiopia: Open for all applications.
- Ghana: High Commission is accepting visa applications for business and tourism. No additional documents required. URGENT visas can be processed
- Guinea: The embassy is accepting business and tourism visa applications. No additional applications
- Ivory Coast: The embassy is accepting business and tourism visa applications. Negative COVID test will be required on submission.
- Kenya: High Commission is accepting visa application. No additional requirements
- Liberia: Embassy accepts visa applications. No additional requirements
- Libya: Embassy accepts visa applications. No additional requirements
- Mozambique: Consulate is open for applications. Visas will only be issued once authorization from Immigration in Mozambique approves the application.
- Namibia: Our Lodgement Centre is accepting work visa applications. No additional requirements
- Nigeria: The embassy is accepting all type of visa applications. No additional requirements.
- Senegal: The embassy is open and accepting applications. No additional requirements
- Tanzania: Visas can be obtained on arrival or through any of our offices.
- Tunisia: Embassy open for visa applications. No additional requirements
- Uganda: Embassy open for visa applications. Negative COVID test will be required on submission.
- Sierra Leone: The embassy is open and accepting applications. No additional requirements.
- SA Government announced certain countries are restricted from entering South Africa and the regulations may change at a moment’s notice.
- “Ordinary” travellers – tourists not conducting business in SA – will not be allowed from those countries.
- Risk levels for other countries will be determined relative to SA’s rate of infection spread and deaths: high-risk countries are those with higher levels than SA.
- Everyone travelling to SA will be required to show a recent, negative test for the coronavirus, and must be in possession of travel insurance.
Do I need a Covid-19 Test before I depart South Africa?
- COVID-19 Home Testing Solution Driven by Visas Zone **This service is currently only available in the greater Gauteng regions**
- It is our recommendation, even though not a requirements at this stage, to obtain a test before departure from South Africa.
- Test results and timing of results are critical when applying for visas. Various International Immigration Authorities also conduct testing on arrival.
- Various International Immigration Authorities also conduct testing on arrival.
Strict COVID protocol will be followed when visiting our offices:
- A cloth mask is compulsory.
- Maintain a safe distance, at least 1.5 meters.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands and your temperature will be taken. It needs to be below 37 degrees.
- Visas Zone representatives will also follow a strict protocol when dealing with clients.
What do I need in addition to the visa for the final country of destination?
As members of IATA and Timatic Web, Visas Zone are eligible to share the COVID-19 Government Public Health Mitigation Measures and outlines the following helpful resources:
As the world is aware, COVID-19 Pandemic is having a tremendous impact on air travel. This dashboard contains a country-by-country listing of COVID-19-related public health requirements that passengers, Travel agents and airline crew need to follow at the airport and onboard all aircraft (It is provided for informational purposes only). Where possible, we provide a link to the official government policy. You should check with a country’s governmental authority for the most complete and up-to-date information. Airlines, Travellers, Travel Agents and International host companies can send inquiries regarding the dashboard to firstname.lastname@example.org
What does Visas Zone’s Advisory fee consist of?
Information provided by our teams is also a good resource. During the Pandemic we have Management, Consulting teams and researchers working behind the scenes to help prepare the company when International borders re-open. This process incurs overheads and these teams are paid hourly. Forms and requirements are freely available on our Visas Zone website. However, any additional Consultancy of Visa and Visa regulations matters will be charged an Advisory Fee and all visa applications will require an upfront payment.
The information contained on this notification and the IATA dashboard is provided and sourced for the benefit of Visas Zone clients by the third-party supplier, IATA. While the information is correct to the best of IATA’s knowledge at the time of publication, given the rapidly evolving nature of the international response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Visas Zone cannot guarantee its accuracy and can accept no liability for any errors or omissions. Visas Zone expresses no opinion on the content of the websites of third parties and does not accept any responsibility for third-party information. It will be in your best interest to conduct independent inquiries with the host company and final destination or your local travel agent before relying on any information or materials contained on this platform. Visas Zone Advisory/ Consultancy fees apply for any additional information requested on behalf of travellers.
Some countries regulations require COVID-19 testing done for successful submission and entry clearance. Visas Zone brings the testing to you, therefore, eliminating the risk from crowded hospitals and Dr rooms etc.
Countries and territories with no self-isolation required when entering
(Subject to change without prior notice)
The world is changing; this is clear. Everything related to “travel” will change indefinitely. On the one hand, this makes us nervous; however, at the same time, there’s excitement circulating amongst our peers and fellow travel industry partners.
Notice Newsletter Subscription
If you would like to receive news about VISA updates, please sign up to our mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time.