COVID-19 Home Testing Solution
~ Driven by Visas Zone
To minimise prolonged contact during the testing procedure, please take note of the following:
Before the test:
- Submit the online patient form below.
- We will fill out the Ampath Lab form at the time of testing
During the test:
- Ensure that you are wearing a mask – only your nose will be exposed to conduct the analysis.
- We need a well ventilated, open area to perform the test. Please ensure that you are wearing a mask. You only need to expose your nose for the swab.
- The registered nurse spends a few minutes in your driveway, prepping for the test.
- The swab is inserted to the nasopharynx for a few seconds to collect the sample – this will not be painful but will be a bit uncomfortable.
- After the test, the nurse requires a few minutes again at her vehicle, to disinfect and remove PPE. After that, she’ll immediately leave.
After the test:
Link to register on Ampath’s patient portal to receive your results directly – Ampath Lab Results
Turnaround times for results are dependent on volumes at the lab. Your specimen is sent to the lab on the day of testing.
NICD recommends self-quarantine at home while waiting for your results,
- Visit Covid-19 Resource page for advice on home isolation and what to do if you test positive
Everytime You Fly!
Visas Zone is the preferred supplier for travel documentation and visas for some of South Africa’s largest corporates such as Chevron, Shoprite and Rennies Travel Group.